WestRock Press Operator Assistant in South Plainfield, New Jersey
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Press Operator Assistant-12hour Nights-South Plainfield, NJ
901 Durham Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey, 07080
GENERAL PURPOSE :Assist First Press Operator and Second Press Operator by setting up and maintaining feeder for each press run.Provides continuous running speeds in accordance with standards set forth by the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
·Sets gauges, wheels, belts and guides for feeder and delivery on each press run.
- Signs for and checks stock release form prior to each press run assuring caliper, amount, size and color.Completes proper form when stock is returned to warehouse.
- Loads press with stock.
- Provides wash-up and clean-up on press and maintains cleanliness and safety in the press area.
- Loads tags from paper mills segregated for each run.
- Provides waste sheets for make ready.
- Alerts First Press Operator or Printing Manager of stock needed for following run.
- Advises Production Manager of low material or chemistry supply.
·Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have basic math skills to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
- Must be able to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and work instructions.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Press Operator Assistant
New Jersey-South Plainfield