WestRock Packer/Sealer, 1st shift in South Plainfield, New Jersey
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Packer/Sealer, 1st shift-South Plainfield, NJ
901 Durham Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey, 07080
GENERAL PURPOSE :Seal and palletize packed finished goods in cases.Prepare cases for warehousing or shipping.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Checks machine schedules; prepares corrugated cases for production lines.
- Cuts layer boards and dividers to fit into case pack.
- Operates cutter in safe manner.
- Maintains packing station with pallets and sealing tape.
- Applies case label to corrugated case and securely seals case when full.
- Stacks pallets uniformly at required height.
- Shrink wraps loads for shipment.
- Prepares load ticket for pallet count.
- Participates in line clearance procedures after each item is run.
- Operates motorized hand trucks.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Packer/Sealer, 1st shift
New Jersey-South Plainfield