WestRock Forklift Operator in South Plainfield, New Jersey
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Forklift Operator - 3rd shift - South Plainfield, NJ
901 Durham Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey, 07080
GENERAL PURPOSE :Pull finished goods and receive raw materials accurately and efficiently.Maintain an organized and clean warehouse.Load and unload trucks in a safe and efficient manner.Maintain training as designated by the Company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Receives finished goods into the warehouse and keep in an organized manner.
- Receives raw materials into the warehouse and stages into designated areas.
- Receives work-in-process from outside locations and stages in assigned areas.
- Pulls finished goods according to the daily schedule provided.
- Identifies each pallet with proper information according to customer specifications.
- Loads and unloads trucks.
- Identifies and labels orders being shipped to outside warehouses.
- Completes training and maintains license for operation of forklift and pallet jacks
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.)
- Must have a minimum of 1 year forklift operation experience.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid forklift license/certification.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Must be able to perform basic math.
- Must be able to operate a fax machine and copy machine.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining
a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
New Jersey-South Plainfield