WestRock Technical Sales Service Representative in Saint Paul, Virginia
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Technical Sales Service Representative - St. Paul, MN
2250 Wabash Ave Dock 3
St Paul, Minnesota, 55114
This position can operate from the following mill locations: Covington, Mahrt, Demopolis, St. Paul
Provides technical assistance to WestRock’s Packaging business segment and its customers.This assistance includes emergency troubleshooting calls (on-site and by phone), conducting plant audits, account maintenance, training, and other customer requested technical services. This individual will have strong information gathering and communication skills, bringing market knowledge from the field back into the organization improving delivered value to the customer. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of packaging industry. Has ability to work independently and complete difficult assignments. Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity. Significant travel required, including some potential international travel, and at times on weekends.
How You will impact WestRock
· Provide on-site and remote customer services including commercial startups, troubleshooting, training, and account maintenance visits
· Provide accurate and timely service, audit, quality, and technical consultation.
· Assist sales force by making proactive calls and delivering value propositions
· Provide support and assistance for engineering/design improvements and changes.
· Support innovation projects including trial coverage at the mill and/or customer’s sites.
· Assist in process improvement projects both internal and external.
What You need to succeed
· Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline strongly preferred
· Field service and professional work experience of 5+ years
· Knowledge of and adherence to safe work practices
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of the packaging industry
· Knowledge of paperboard quality characteristics
· Experience in offset, flexo, and gravure printing processes and equipment.
· Experience with sheeting processes and equipment
· Experience with die cutting and folding /gluing processes and equipment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Basic statistical, spreadsheet and word processing skills
· Analytical skills such as six sigma or lean manufacturing would be beneficial
· Extensive travel (>60%) with some nonstandard work weeks/ hours.
· Supervisory experience with a printing or converting operation a plus
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Sales & Customer Service
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Technical Sales Service Representative