WestRock Plate Maker, 1st Shift in Patchogue, New York
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Plate Maker, 1st Shift - Patchogue, NY
217 River Avenue
Patchogue, New York, 11772
GENERAL PURPOSE: Ensure plates meet work order specifications. Responsible for the production of plates by efficient set-up, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of plate maker and related equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Generates plates for flexographic presses, according to the PSA schedule and pressroom production.
• Converts and/or modifies files to CTP ready from JMS system when needed.
• Maintains necessary supplies on hand for platemaking area such as chemicals, plates, etc.
• Tracks incoming job tickets, kills old plates/CTP files when authorized.
• Demonstrates a good understanding of Radius.
• Assists other department managers and performs other assigned duties by production management.
• Contributes to quality investigations when necessary.
• Interprets job ticket information and customer specifications.
• Understands and respects responsibilities of working in an SOP and cGMP environment.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with company safety rules, procedures and regulations.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
• Must have high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.).
• Must have at least two years of related experience.
• Must have intermediate personal computer skills including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Plate Maker, 1st Shift