WestRock 3rd Shift Flexo Press Operator in Patchogue, New York
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
3rd Shift Flexo Press Operator - Patchogue, NY - copy
217 River Avenue
Patchogue, New York, 11772
GENERAL PURPOSE: Set up, adjust, maintain and operate a flexographic press.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Sets up, adjusts, maintains and operates a flexographic press
• Works under minimum supervision.
• Performs a variety of semi-complex or critical tasks where overall quality and/or quantity can seriously affect various manufacturing operations or costs.
• Locates and corrects minor machine malfunctions.
• Cleans, lubricates, and makes minor adjustments to maintain quality of production.
• Notifies supervision of needed repairs or replacement parts.
• Delivers finished material to proper manufacturing areas as required.
• Ensures efficient operation of presses and related equipment performing preventive maintenance requirements according to operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and established preventive maintenance schedules.
• Assists with other printing processes as needed and directed by supervision.
• Assists in training Press Operator I and other team members as assigned.
• Understands all documents pertaining to the printing process and adheres to specification requirements.
• Complies with company policies, procedures, and core processes.
• Understands and respects responsibilities of working in an SOP and cGMP environment.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with company safety rules, procedures and regulations.
• Supports, understands, and adheres to LEAN Principles and Rules by identifying, evaluating and resolving problems.
• Focuses on continuous improvement, quality, improved cycle times, safety, cost reductions, and customer satisfaction.
• Works with other departments and maintenance personnel on projects and/or validations.
• Operates various makes of printing presses.
• Effectively communicates with and to management.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
• Must have high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.).
• Must have a minimum of three years’ experience as a press operator or operator trainee.
• Must have the ability to write and read simple instructions and effectively present information to others.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
• Must have basic computer skills.
• Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must have proficient skills in the use of hand tools.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining
a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
3rd Shift Flexo Press Operator