WestRock General Assistant in Nottingham, United Kingdom
General Assistant – Nottingham
WestRock-MPS is a specialist business within WestRock and is a leading global provider of value-added packaging solutions to a diverse customer base across the healthcare, consumer and multi-media markets. MPS provides its customers with an extensive array of print-based specialty packaging solutions, including premium folding cartons, inserts, labels and rigid packaging across a variety of substrates and finishes. MPS has over 70 manufacturing locations across North America, Europe and Asia and employs approximately 10,000 people.
To assist the operator in meeting the planned output for quality, volume and yield to customer requirements and to achieve performance targets for make-ready and run speeds.
- Carry out area clearance procedures
- Flick sorting and feeding cartons into folder/gluer feed across the department range of machines from low speed complex lines to high performance fast lines
- Packing glued cartons into corrugate outer cases and apply labels
- Moving pallets of unglued cartons onto line
- Correctly complete paperwork/VWT relating to orders being produced.
- General housekeeping of the machines and department
- Liaise with quality department where required
- Any other tasks as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team
- Ability to maintain hygiene and procedural standards required in our industry
- Previous experience of working with machines (ideally in a printing, pharmaceuticals or food environment)
- Quality conscious
For a full job description, please apply via www.westrock-mps.com and upload your CV, along with a covering letter outlining why you feel you are a suitable candidate for the role.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.