WestRock Recruiting Intern in Lansing, Michigan
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Recruiting Intern - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
Assist recruiting team in sourcing, recruiting and hiring open positions.
How you will impact WestRock
- Assists recruiting team in filling open positions within 60 days.
- Assists in sourcing candidates for facility manufacturing jobs, hourly and management positions, using job postings, mining of resume databases, cold calling, and other recruitment techniques.
- Assists in screening candidates based on qualifications specified in company-approved job description.
- Ensures job candidates are treated respectfully and appropriately considered for positions for which they are qualified following company’s established “Hiring Process.”
- Follows up with candidates after an interview, providing status or next step in process.
- Ensures candidates complete an employment application.
- Enters internal applications into internal applicant database and sends response letters as requested by Recruiter or Talent Acquisition Manager
- Enters and updates information in applicant database.
- Completes employment references.
- Ensures drug tests and background checks are completed in accordance with company policy.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in progress from an accredited college or university. Must be able to perform job duties with minimal supervision.Must have demonstrated ability to communicate in writing. Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.Must be able to maintain good attendance. Must have mathematical ability to perform calculations required by the job.Must be computer literate including the ability to maintain basic databases, do word processing, create and maintain spreadsheets using Excel.Must have excellent phone skills.Must be able to represent the company in an articulate and positive way.Must be persuasive.Must be well-organized and able to manage time efficiently.Must be able to multi-task.Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Must have a professional appearance. Must be willing to work overtime as needed.Must be reliable, including must maintain good attendance.Must be able to perform essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.