WestRock Material Handler in Indianapolis, Indiana
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Material Handler - Die Cutting - 2nd Shift - Indianapolis, IN
2020 Production Dr
Indianapolis, Indiana, 46241
GENERAL PURPOSE : Set up each operator and die cutter with the required materials for particular product being produced (e.g. paper, inks, etc) per job ticket and schedule.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
· Reviews job tickets and schedule then organizes and prepares loads for die cutters.Reviews job tickets and schedule then organizes and prepares loads for die cutters.
· Operates aerator effectively.Operates aerator effectively.
· Aid in feeding die cuttersAid in feeding die cutters
· Pulls and puts away dies for machines as neededPulls and puts away dies for machines as needed
· Operate a pallet jack effectivelyOperate a pallet jack effectively
· Communicates effectively with die cutter operators.Communicates effectively with die cutter operators.
· Follows instructions and works with die cutter operators on the die cutters when required.Follows instructions and works with die cutter operators on the die cutters when required.
· Breaks down required paper for machine.Breaks downrequiredpaper formachine.
· Sets up each machine with materials needed for run.Sets up each machine with materials needed forrun.
· Reviews job bag instructions for re-verification.Reviews job bag instructions for re-verification.
· Stocks and unstocks loads.Stocks and unstocks loads.
· Maintains assigned areas of the finishing department (e.g. sweeping, emptying trash cans, etc.) as needed.Maintains assigned areas of the finishing department (e.g. sweeping, emptying trash cans, etc.) as needed.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must demonstrate intermediate math skills
- Must possess the following competencies: accuracy, reliability, decision making, time management and self-motivation.
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Must have the ability to operate pallet jack
- Must have the ability to learn how to thin weight stocks handle/jog.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Must be able to read a tape measure and ruler.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, word processing, data entry, etc.)
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
Must be reliable and dependable.
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
·Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellenceCorporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountabilityandexcellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunitiesComprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potentialAn attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, SafetyandInclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.