WestRock Human Resources Coordinator in Indianapolis, Indiana
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Human Resources Coordinator - Indianapolis, IN
2020 Production Dr
Indianapolis, Indiana, 46241
* GENERAL PURPOSE * * : * Provide administrative support to the Human Resources department, including recordkeeping,actively recruit for open positions,onboarding, creating and updating spreadsheets, creating and updating job descriptions and ensuring performance evaluations are done timely.:Provide administrative support to the Human Resources department, including recordkeeping,actively recruit for open positions,onboarding, creating and updating spreadsheets, creating and updating job descriptions and ensuring performance evaluations are done timely.
* ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS * * : * :
- Creates and maintains personnel files.
- Sources candidates, screens resumes, arranges interviews, tracks applicants, performs reference checks, and ensures compliance to all company policies and procedures related to hiring.
- Audits I9s and other HR documentation.
- Creates and updates Excel spreadsheets, metrics, overtime, labor, recruiting reports and other documents as required.
- Files confidential and other departmental documents.
- Proofreads departmental documents as needed.
- Conducts new hire orientation and prepares paperwork.
· Maintains compliance with state and federal employment laws as well as company policies and procedures.
· Maintains positive employee relations ensuring union-free environments, including the identification of breaches of culture/values that impact the work environment.
· Assists with employee relations issues and partners withHuman Resources Managerto resolve.
· In conjunction withHuman Resources Manager, analyzes turnover to identify trends and develop and implement retention strategies.
· Ensures the availability of an adequate, well trained workforce to support the operational goals of the facility by partnering with operations to recruit and retain a diverse workforce.
· Works with managers to ensure performance reviews are done timely and accurately. Works with theHuman Resources Managerto develop employee improvement plans.
· Drives and executes company HR initiatives.
· Reports workers' compensation claims to TPA.
· Assists with responding to and representing company with unemployment hearings and other employee-related proceedings.
- Assists current employees with company systems to include new hire training, resetting passwords, requesting time off and managing personal information.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Records all plant training to include quality, safety and intelex.
- Coordinates temporary staffing under direction of Human Resources Manager.
- Attends weekly manager meetings, prepares HR metrics for meetings and takes minutes of meeting.
- Works with Human Resources Manager and Plant Manager to coordinate Roundtable meetings.
- Coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
* QUALIFICATIONS * * : *
- Must be able to perform job duties with minimal supervision.
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate in writing.
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must have mathematical ability to perform calculations required by the job.
- Must be computer literate including the ability to maintain basic databases, do word processing, create and maintain spreadsheets using Excel.
- Must be well-organized and able to manage time efficiently.
- Must be able to multi-task and strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Must have a professional appearance.
- Must be willing to work overtime; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Human Resources Coordinator