WestRock Maintenance Manager in Hartwell, Georgia
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Maintenance Manager - Hartwell, GA
191 Winfield Drive
Hartwell, Georgia, 30643
The Maintenance Manager will lead overall Maintenance, Machine Reliability for the Plant as well as overall responsibility for managing Maintenance and team. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
How you will impact WestRock:
* Manage planning, coordination and execution of all facility maintenance and reliability activities to optimize equipment uptime, safety, and environmental performance.
* Responsible for the development and management of effective facility maintenance reliability programs. Manage and optimize the Plant Preventative and Predictive Maintenance program and managing capital improvement projects. Participate in the preparation and administration of the facility maintenance budget.
* Maintain awareness of new trends and developments in maintenance and incorporate new procedures and training as appropriate
* Implement maintenance best practices and processes.
* Develop and track maintenance budgets, develop, prioritize, plant reliability opportunity lists, lead process improvement projects, and set the expectation for the plant and departments in the area of reliability.
* Manage maintenance crews.
* Establish and sustain clean and well-organized department
* Instill a “proactive” approach towards safety with employee involvement.
* Recommend corrective measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality.
* The incumbent in this role will possess critical thinking skills and maintain an enthusiastic and positive approach toward employees and the job function.
* Must empower employees and be a “hands on” type manager that can balance oversight of employee’s activities without being overbearing
What you need to succeed:
* 4-year degree in mechanical/electrical engineering preferred and/or extensive applicable experience in a related role.
* 10+ years in maintenance leadership and/or industrial experience required.
* Ability to communicate with technical specialists and to interpret technical/blueprint drawings and specification documents. Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
* Ability to program and troubleshoot PLC and applicable software applications. Familiar with JDE Maintenance or similar maintenance programs.
* Ability to lead a multi-discipline team both as supervisor and in a technical capacity.
* Proven Leadership skills in developing strategies to attain performance objectives. Coach and Lead team members to meet and/or exceed expectations.
* Experience using Reliability and/or familiar with Six Sigma techniques. Exceptional knowledge and skill in Continuous Improvement. Lean Six Sigma certification preferred
* Leads people and takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; provides regular performance feedback; prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
* Organizational support – follows policies and procedures and supports goals.
* Ability to perform physical activities requiring considerable use of arms and legs, moving body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
* Strong leadership abilities. Strategic Planning and Execution
* Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.