WestRock Quality Manager in Deer Park, New York
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Quality Manager - Deer Park, NY
140 West Industry Court
Deer Park, New York, 11729
Quality Manager – Deer Park, NY
- Provide strategic and technical leadership in the development, application, and consistent implementation of the WestRock Quality System
- Drive all quality initiatives for the plant
How you will impact WestRock:
- You will drive plant accountabilities in: tracking vendor performance, resolution and disposition of customer complaints, investigating critical quality defects on in-process and finished products, generation and analysis of quality data and reports.
- Ensure all customer feedback is promptly dealt with and complaints are acted upon by the plant using root cause analysis and implementing corrective action.
- Drive and develop systems and people to meet the highest standards; your collaborative approach will make a real difference in our Quality Management Systems
- Achieves desired results by diagnosing, designing, implementing, then ensuring division’s processes, practices and procedures are fully and consistently adhered within the plant by working directly with all plant personnel including sales, design, customer service, planning, manufacturing, and shipping / delivery
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; high school diploma or GED is required
- Previous experience in quality systems or manufacturing leadership
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification is a plus;
- Fully versed in analytical and statistical applications that support quality such as Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Statistical Quality Control (SQC)
- Previous ISO certification is a plus
- Experience as a trainer or presenter is desired
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Lean Six Sigma/Quality/Safety
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
New York-Deer Park