WestRock Material Handler in Dallas, Texas
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Material Handler - Warehouse - 3rd Shift - Dallas, TX
1455 Terre Colony Court
Dallas, Texas, 75212
GENERAL PURPOSE :Receive, count, move and stage materials for production jobs as noted on job tickets and schedules in a safe, timely and efficient manner.Track material usage in hard copy and electronic database.Participate in cycle counts of inventory and yearly physical inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Works closely with all departments to ensure products are received in and delivered accurately to production jobs in a timely manner.
- Follows all standard operations procedures, work instructions, and current GMPs.
- Operates forklift properly and safely.
- Opens and prepares loads for production.
- Aerates loads for production.
- Communicates effectively with operators.
- Follows all safety rules.
- Assists with timely and accurate period cycle count.
- Assists with the complete annual physical inventory process.
- Assists with the resolution inventory discrepancies.
- Delivers materials to appropriate jobs per job tickets and the schedule; moves and stages materials as needed.
- Manages time effectively.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have valid driver’s license and must have good driving record
- Must be able to pass in-house forklift training.
- Efficient in basic computer skills (e-mail, word processing, database, etc.).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read a ruler to 1/64ths.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn safety rules and procedures, operating, maintenance, and technical policies and procedures.
- Able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
·Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellenceCorporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountabilityandexcellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunitiesComprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potentialAn attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, SafetyandInclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.