WestRock Die Cut Operator Trainee in Dallas, Texas
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Die Cut Operator Trainee- Dallas, Tx
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
GENERAL PURPOSE : Train to become a proficient, competent Die Cutter Operator by working with and assisting the Die Cutter Operators. Learn to competently make mechanical adjustments and set up equipment according to the job ticket specifications. Learn to maintain and operate Die Cutting machine(s) at the required production speeds while controlling quality, waste, safety, and housekeeping standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Demonstrates general knowledge and understanding of die cutting processes and equipment.
- Learns to read job tickets to determine setup specifications and instructions.
- Learns to observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
- Learns to follow all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department.
- Learns to perform routine adjustments during the press run and maintain production throughout the run.
- Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
- Accurately follows instructions.
- Learns to maintain records of daily production, using specified forms.
- Learns to record production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Learns to open machines and remove/replace damaged product, using hand tools.
- Learns to complete daily/weekly/monthly maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Coordinates efforts as part of the team to provide assistance to all co-workers (in all departments) as needed to maximize production efficiencies.
- Follows established department policies, procedures, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines.
- Learns to demonstrate ability to recognize common packaging defects (cracking, sharpness, heavy scores, line-up, tearing, flat scores, one-sided scores, light cutting, loose fibers, pressure marks, etc.).
- Learns to demonstrate ability to make a spotting sheet.
- Learns to demonstrate ability to make stripping boards.
- Learns to demonstrate knowledge of adjustment process for tonnage on cutting.
- Learns to demonstrate knowledge of when to use underlay or begin spotting.
- Learns to demonstrate knowledge of operating the cube/manual tonnage.
- Learns to demonstrate knowledge of 1mm counter plates.
- Learns to demonstrate knowledge of using register pins for counters.
- Learns to demonstrate knowledge and ability to repair dies by modifying creasing rules and cutting knives.
- Learns to demonstrate knowledge of blind make-readies and what it entails.
- Learns to demonstrate knowledge of counter plates, matrix, spotting tape, and underlaying.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Bobst die cutting equipment preferred.
- Previous experience as a Material Handler in Die Cutter preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have basic computer skills – data entry.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to use pre-make ready table.
- Demonstrates ability to use rulers, calipers, micrometers and other inspection equipment .
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
·Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
·Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
·An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
·A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Die Cut Operator Trainee