WestRock Dual Skill Designer in Burbank, California
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Dual Skill Designer-Burbank CA
100 East Tujunga Ave, Suite 102
Burbank, California, 91502
Career Opportunity: The Dual Skill Designer position develops innovative, cost effective, visually appealing and structurally sound point of point of purchase displays and merchandising
solutions utilizing the dual skill set of both structural and graphic design.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Interact with Account Executives and customers to ascertain design needs and creative objectives
Perform Graphic Designer duties, as required, including developing projects sing standard techniques: ideation/concept development(sketching and/or digital), 3D modeling/rendering (Strata, Form Z), graphic layout/messaging (CS5), 2D visual capabilities, pre-press art verification (image
corrections, proofing, production ready print files), produce comps
- Prepare graphic design files for proofing, mock-up, and final output; coordinate with customer’s graphics department as needed
- Perform Structural Designer duties, as required, including conveying concepts with quick sketches (fast and fluid), and CAD (Artios) visualization; producing samples and mock ups using various techniques and skills such as Drafting (2D/3D), Foam Core model making, various knife tools and cutting tables (Konsberg/DataTech Tables); creating promotional materials and developing Bill of Material (BOM), POG, Specifications, Palletization, Cape-Tops
- Responsible for project development record keeping, file naming/part numbering, utilizing project management system
- Work collaboratively with Design Manager, Sales personnel and other designers and offices to develop customer programs; participate in or lead project review meetings with Sales, Project management and other designers
- Develop presentation material and assist with the presentation of abstract ideas, as well as formal presentations in a variety of settings (one-on-one, small and large groups to include peers, supervisors and clients); manage presentation process as needed
- Perform Technical Illustration tasks as required i.e., Plan-o-grams, Assembly Instructions, Retail Assembly Instructions, Digital Photography, Illustrator and Photoshop work
Travel, as required, for customer support, training, meetings, and manufacturing and assembly
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design, Packaging Design, Graphic Design or Fine Arts is
required; Prior point of purchase display experience is preferred.
The position requires mechanical aptitude, the ability to convey concepts with quick sketches and
creative 2D/3D problem solving skills. Good verbal, written and graphics communications skill are also
required. This position needs a highly developed sense of aesthetics, print production knowledge, an eye to detail as well as engineering ability and an advanced understanding of how things work.
The ability to drive projects to completion in a fast paced, deadline driven
environment is a requirement.
Will work both independently and as part of a team and requires a helpful and cooperative attitude, and t he ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respec6t, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Dual Skill Designer