WestRock Production Manager in Bridgeview, Illinois
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Production Manager - Bridgeview, IL
7601 South 78th Ave
Bridgeview, Illinois, 60455
* Career Opportunity: *
The Production Manager provides leadership and guidance with the ability to influence a positive change throughout all departments within the facility. The Production Manger must be able to manage different levels of experience and provide improvement regardless of tenure. The Production Manager must be able to analyze data to determine root causes of efficiency deficits and drive change throughout all operations to improve OEE, utilizing Six Sigma methodology and Continuous Process Improvement initiatives. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Establishes priorities designed to effectively and efficiently operate all departmental activities.
- Evaluates the needs of all processes on an on-going basis to determine optimal staffing levels required to accomplish production goals and metrics.
- Works with maintenance to establish and maintain an effective preventative maintenance program to adequately support the production goals and process design.
- Establishes and maintains operational budget within established guidelines.
- Evaluates current operations and implements improvements within the operations.
- Provides feedback to the General Manager with regard to resource needs to support the goals of all processes.
- Provides other assistance to the General Manager as requested.
- Works proactively to promote teamwork at all levels of the company.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules, security procedures and instructions.
- Perform all duties according to established safety policy, including wearing all PPEs to perform duties.
- Willing to work flexible hours as necessary.
- You will interact with every level of plant personnel to insure strong relationships and efficient operations. Additionally, you will meet with customers as necessary to gain feedback and provide operational insight.
What you need to succeed
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills are required to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of all facility processes is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of integration with all core processes is critical.
- Knowledge and understanding of company initiatives and processes that involve, or may impact operations are required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively motivate and lead a team of individuals.
- Ability to serve as a mentor by participating in the operations related to all shifts.
- Proficient computer knowledge including Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to sit, see/read a computer and work via telephone.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require use of arms and legs, moving body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling of materials if necessary.
- College Degree Strongly Preferred but will consider commensurate work experience.
- Must have business acumen.
- 5 to 10 years work related experience in a corrugated manufacturing environment and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What we offer:
- Corporate Culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.