WestRock Production Superintendent in Beloit, Wisconsin
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Production Superintendent - Beloit, WI
2350 Springsbrook Ct
Beloit, Wisconsin, 53511
The Production Superintendent position directs and coordinates, through direct report supervisory personnel, manufacturing activities utilizing his/her knowledge of product function, production methods, procedures and machine and equipment capabilities.
How You Will Impact WestRock:
- Plan and direct production activities and establish production priorities for products consistent with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinate production activities with planning department, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of personnel, machines, and equipment.
- Ensure on a daily basis all WestRock standards and customer commitments (ie: Safety, Waste reductions, R&A, output, and on-time delivery) are followed within the plant.
- Review and analyze production reports (OEE, downtime, waste, etc.) to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and/or operating or production problems.
- Partner with Plant Safety Manager to maintain and enforce the safety program for the department; assure compliance with OSHA and WestRock regulations and guidelines.
- Prepare and submit reports as required by the Plant Manager.
- Collaborate with and assist the Plant Manager in the development and implementation of operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives; monitor all control procedures, recommending improvements to the Plant Manager as appropriate.
- Revise production schedules and priorities as needed as a result of equipment failure, operating problems, or last minute customer demands.
- Supervise the facility’s production supervisors; responsible for employee training and development.
- Establish individual and group goals and accountabilities and evaluate work performance for direct reports; review and approve performance evaluations for indirect reports.
- Build an effective partnership with the union and union stewards in an effort to improve overall plant production
- Partner with Human Resource Manager to ensure proper handling of employee relations issues in accordance with Divisional and Corporate policies and procedures; participate in the recruitment and selection of manufacturing personnel.
- Lead and participate in special projects/teams as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- Must understand the fundamentals of corrugator and converting
- Must have 5+ years experience in the corrugated industry. Previous corrugator supervisory experience preferred.
- High School diploma or GED, college degree preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. May require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. May require the ability to speak effectively before groups or customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Suite applications, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. As well as the ability to learn proprietary software programs for the Corrugated Manufacturing systems, including KIWI and JDE.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.