WestRock Senior Manager, Auditing and Training in Atlanta, Georgia
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Senior Manager, Auditing & Training will report to the Director, Auditing & Training in the Environmental Department at WestRock. The Senior Manager will closely engage with our facilities to ensure regulatory compliancy and mitigate the environmental risks that face our business. In this role, you will develop relationships with a variety of stakeholders in the company and help us achieve better outcomes.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK:
- Conduct multi-media environmental compliance audits at WestRock facilities across all operating divisions (paper mills, converting plants, reclamation operations, and other packaging facilities as applicable) to determine compliance with applicable regulations and permit conditions.
- Assist in facilitating various aspects of the WestRock Environmental Auditing Program including audit report preparation, corrective action plan development and tracking, audit data analysis, audit protocol management, and program-related reporting.
- Prepare regulatory and technical guidance to WestRock facilities.
- Develop and deliver environmental compliance training programs and regulatory guidance.
- Complete additional projects as requested.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental science, geology, chemistry or related field.
- Ten or more years of experience in environmental compliance management and environmental auditing. Pulp & Paper Industry experience preferred.
- Overall knowledge of environmental regulations applicable to WestRock facilities including (but not limited to) air emissions, solid and hazardous waste, wastewater discharges, stormwater, spill prevention control and countermeasure (SPCC) planning, storage tanks (ASTs and USTs), EPCRA, asbestos, radioactive sources, and pesticides/herbicides. Audits encompass a review of federal, state and local regulations in these areas.
- Previous experience with wastewater and/or landfill and solid waste management a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be an effective speaker and be able to clearly articulate technical information and regulatory requirements in written audit reports and during presentations to convey audit results.
- Outstanding organizational, financial and time management skills and able to coordinate multiple-auditor teams as well as conduct solo audits as assigned. Assigned audits must be conducted within the established schedule and budget.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Travel (approximately 50%) limited predominantly to the US but periodically to international locations.
- Experience developing and conducting training sessions (both web-based and classroom style).
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and web-based data management systems.
Writing samples will be requested.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Environmental & Safety
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Senior Manager, Auditing and Training