WestRock Logistics Operations Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Logistics Operations Manager - Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Logistic Operations Manager – Atlanta, GA
The opportunity :
This role is responsible for developing, implementing, and leading WestRock’s Consumer Packaging Division logistics planning/operations department. The Logistics Operations Manager will lead all logistics activities required for the timely and efficient transportation of products while driving operational execution and cost savings initiatives across the supply chain; while balancing service and financial expectations. The Logistics Operations Manager will lead a team of five (5) Logistics Planners.
How you will impact WestRock :
- Forming a high performing team for the purpose of achieving company goals, meeting changing business demands, and delivering consistent results in challenging environments
- Developing operational efficiency improvements utilizing OTM technology
- Producing reports for senior management concerning logistics, operations, metrics, and budgets to measure/communicate progress against goals
- Managing relationships with carriers, suppliers, and manufacturing facilities
- Developing and implementing logistics cost reduction and process improvement programs to improve bottom line performance
- Identifies and prioritizes logistics needs and communicates recommendations to senior management in order to achieve efficient product distribution
- Establish a relationship and on-going communication with carrier base and third party logistics companies for daily shipment status, issue resolution, and capacity requirements
- Develop, implement and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for department, to include the maintenance of training manuals, daily logistics planner playbook, facility profiles, and carrier/3PL contact information in line with best practices
- Ability to partner with business owners and lead cross functional teams; interacts regularly with Customer Service, Regional Logistics Managers (RLM’s), Supply Chain, Mills, and Plants
- Monitor the efficiency, quantity, and cost of the movement of goods
- Analyze data to monitor carrier performance and trends. Work with RLMs and Procurement to develop corrective actions for negative trending carriers
- Monitor mill and in transit inventory levels
- Work with the Applications team for continued improvements with the OTM system
- Analyze logistical problems and developing corrective actions/solutions
- Serve as a liaison with internal manufacturing facilities and internal customers
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- 5 years of experience utilizing, maintaining and/or implementing TMS (preferably OTM).
- Ability to analyze, design, test and recommend transportation network solutions
- Strong knowledge of industry trends and best practices
- Extensive transportation knowledge of truckload, rail, intermodal, dedicated fleets, and international shipments
- Hands-on experience with Oracle Transportation Management (OTM), strongly preferred
- Cognos and JD Edwards experience a plus
What we offer :
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Logistics Operations Manager