WestRock Category Manager, Converting Capital Procurement in Atlanta, Georgia
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Category Manager, Converting Capital Procurement - GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) - Atlanta, GA
WestRock is seeking a Category Manager, Converting Capital Procurement to be located in our Home Office location in Atlanta, GA. This individual will be responsible for purchases related to capital projects, large equipment, contractor services, and OEM parts/ services across the WestRock Converting locations. The role will work closely with Engineering in driving near and longer-term process excellence in the capital project planning and procurement and lead supplier relationships (OEM and other) in multi-plant environment for converting capital and contractor services. Identify, assess, select, and develop vendors capable of creating long-term value for WestRock. This position will report to the Senior Category Manager, Converting Capital.
Category Manager, Converting Capital – Corporate Procurement
- Manage sourcing transactions for capital purchases across WestRock converting locations to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Manage the OEM parts & services support for Converting plants.
- Negotiate purchasing agreements.
- Manage supplier relationships (OEM and other).
- Design, implement and maintain accurate and reliable, spend reporting with respect to capital converting projects and suppliers.
- Utilize WestRock systems and vendor relationships to reduce the total cost of capital purchases, parts purchases, and services.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills & Abilities:
- 2-5 years of procurement or packaging industry experience, preferably involving capital equipment purchases.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, supply-chain, logistics or mechanical engineering degree.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and execute objectives in a tight timeframe.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with MS Office required (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word and Pivot tables).
- Requires continual attention to detail in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, work ethic, self-starter, and the ability to move projects forward independently. Able to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse business groups and individuals and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, work ethic, self-starter, and the ability to move projects forward independently. Able to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
- Detail, oriented, team-focused, deadline focused and responds to challenges and constructive criticism.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with JDE is a plus.
- Prior experience with corrugated box and folding carton equipment is a plus.
Six Sigma methodology and or certification is a plus.
At WestRock, we seek to be the most respected in the industry. Our employees are committed to exceeding their customers' expectations -- every time. If you enjoy this shared commitment to excellence and discovering value where others haven’t we would like you to consider WestRock as your employer of choice.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. M/F/D/
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Category Manager, Converting Capital Procurement